Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To My Mother (a.k.a Nommie)


I remember:

*being little and thinking my mom had the most beautiful voice I'd ever heard
*wondering why she worked so very hard
*that we always had everything we needed, and some of what we wanted
*that microwavable pot-pies were a big treat.  Throw in a rented VCR and movie and we were living like royalty
*that she completely supported my love of gymnastics and all the sacrifices that came with it

I appreciate:
*every phone call ends in "I love you".
*her excitement when she sees her grandchildren
*her ability to get excited when listening to my girls jabber into the phone
*her numerous trips to Seattle when I needed her most





I love you Mom.  Happy Mothers Day!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute to your mom. Microwave pot-pies haha Royalty indeed!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love to see who is visiting our wonderful blog!!