Friday, May 6, 2011

My Blessings



Brooklynn ~ 7 months




Brooklynn ~ 11 months


Brooklynn ~ 19 months


Brooklynn ~ 2 1/2 years

Brooklynn made me a Mother, which I will always cherish.  The 20 months I had to spend with Brooklynn as an only child were priceless.  I found out exactly what other women meant when they talked about walking around with their hearts outside their bodies.  Brooklynn and I spent hours reading stories, playing "people and new people", taking naps together, and exploring outside.  She was my side-kick and absolutely perfect in every way.  When I found out I was pregnant again I had the same worry that all moms of only children have...how will I ever love another child as much as I love this one?  Will there be enough love for both?  Something miraculous happens when the love does not get divided but doubled!



Irelyn ~ 9 months

Irelyn ~ 20 months


Irelyn made me a more appreciative Mother.  I look at my two daughters and now understand how truly blessed I am.  I spent 2 months in a hospital loving my little Piglet with all my heart but now knowing if I'd be bringing her home.  I learned what it feels like to offer EVERYTHING to God if he'd just save my little girl.  I have learned to slow down and enjoy each phase of their childhood, tell them I love them often, and appreciate that Gods plans could have been different.  He chose Brooklynn and Irelyn for this family and demonstrated over and over during Irelyn's tough journey just how much we need each other. 

I do believe that the grandest title I could ever achieve would be Mother.  I love this journey!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize your other daughter's name was Irelyn!! Happy Mommy's Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I published too soon...I have a friend with daughters named Irelynn and London:) love those names!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love to see who is visiting our wonderful blog!!