Monday, April 30, 2012

May 2012

A great excuse for my lack of blog updates....about 3 months ago my wonderful 4 yr old daughter wanted to take a picture of the inside of the toilet and as you can guess, dropped our camera into the camode :)  I have a few cute pictures to share that were taken with my phone and lots to fill you in on.

Brooklynn:  Our big girl is just about to finish up her first year of preschool in the Lady Bug class and will be moving onto the Monkey class in the fall. She has made lots of new friends, has regular play dates and is great at "helping" the other children remember the rules.  Brooklynn has also started a new class at gymnastics called Tumble Dance.  It is her first experience with a structured dance class but the kid brings in some serious self-taught skill and rhythm (which we're not real sure where that came from :) 

Irelyn:  Our Piglet's sweet, sneaky personality is emerging... and we love it!  She has gotten very good at negotiations (gets that from her dad) and her favorite phrase these days is "How 'bout that?".  It usually follows something similar to "Me want candy." No Irelyn.  "Me want cookie, how 'bout that?"  Irelyn's favorite activity, right behind eating, involves books.  She loves having us read to her but also loves to read to us.  With Brooklynn, we almost always had to tell her the rules once and she followed them to a T.  Not so much with Irelyn.  She is going to be our child that tests the boundaries and our patience.  As the nurses in Seattle reminded us often, she is very determined!  Example 1: The 24 beautiful cupcakes I specifically instructed Irelyn she was not to touch.
I left the room after taking this innocent looking picture only to hear the sound of smacking lips.  I returned to find a small child hidden behind that refrigerator with one of those cupcakes shoved into her innocent little mouth.  Yep, thats my girl!

Jesse:  Not much to report on this front.  His hair continues to gray, his golf game continues to be non-existent, and his creativity for fun games for his girls continues to grow.  He is the stereotypical dad that comes home from work and begins to race around the house with his two favorite girls just as its about time to get them settled down for bed.  They absolutely love his "Motorcycle Game" and "Skiing Game" so I guess I can't complain.  Jesse continues to work very hard to take good care of his family and make sure we have all that we need and a lot of what we want.  We love our Jesse!!

Erin:  I will be leaving for Spokane on Friday for the first of my two big races this year.  Bloomsday in Spokane, Washington is an annual tradition that I just can't miss.  It is a 7.5 mile run with 50,000 of my closest friends.  The atmosphere is amazing and the shopping is always superb!  This is the first year that Jesse will be accompanying me so it will be lots of fun, however the shopping may not be as successful.  I continue to train for the Missoula Marathon that is July 8.  This takes up a lot of my time and energy but keeps me focused on a great goal.  I will be raising money for the Seattle Children's Hospital through this crazy-long run.  I'll be asking my family and friends to donate $1 or $2 per mile completed to go towards an amazing hospital that means the world to Jesse and I. 

And now a few cute pictures.
Brooklynn riding "Paint" at A Carousel for Missoula.

"Me love me Daddy."

Brooklynn loves playing the games on the Disney Junior website.

No caption needed :)



Even the Easter Bunny loves Dilly Bars!

Irelyn in her first pair of Big Girl Undies.  Our potty-training attempt lasted two unsuccessful days but we will refocus and ummm...get our poop in a group, as they say.

I was framed, I did not just eat a chocolate donut.  You have no physical proof :)
I have big plans of purchasing a new camera very soon so hopefully our blog updates get a little more regular.  Take care and God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I love to see who is visiting our wonderful blog!!