Friday, January 1, 2016

January 2016

New Year's Resolutions....I'm a pro at making them and have succeeded twice at keeping them :)  11 years ago I made the resolution to become a better chef.  I would say I have broadened my repetoire and my family is still alive. Check! 4 years ago I set the resolution to finish a full marathon.  Check! This year I have made the resolution to finally lose my baby weight (yes I realize Irelyn is 6 years old and I already finished a full marathon).  I will do this by drinking a lot more water, eating more fruit and veggies and a lot less sweets.  I will also be training for another 2 half marathons, one in Missoula and another in Las Vegas.  Yippee!  I'm determined but please keep in mind it is day 1 of keeping at it.  I ran 4 miles today, skipped the ice cream that my family enjoyed and finished my water so that is a good place to start.

Irelyn had her first Achievement Day since moving to the big kids class.  She did very well performing in front of a crowd and remembering her routines.  I want it noted that I had her hair fixed so beautifully before the event started and she decided to take it out! 




And the picture below is an example of why she got the nickname Rosana Rosana Danna!



Brooklynn had an adorable music program at school that included lots of dancing with the songs.  We are so very proud of our girls but raising proper little ladies is not my strong suit :)  Brooklynn played with her dress and even at one point pulled the back part of her dress through her legs and pulled it up to look like a sumo wrestler.  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of that.
She also had a beautiful solo on one of the songs and she did very well.  Once again, we are proud!






Brooklynn and I headed out for a fun night of Christmas caroling with a large group from our neighborhood.  We had so much fun until Brooklynn's feet got so cold she couldn't feel her toes.
Jesse, Irelyn and Diego created the Bah Humbug Club and stayed home where it was warm.



We took a relaxing drive around town to look at Christmas lights and enjoyed some yummy hot cocoa.  We love the house below that always goes over the top with lights!


Another one of our Christmas traditions is to attend Christmas Eve service at our church.  It is one of the highlights of the holiday season to have my entire family at church with me.


And now a few pictures of us opening our loot from Santa Claus!


LEGOS!!!




And a new ring for Mom!


Happy New Year and I hope 2016 is a wonderful year for you and your family!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I love to see who is visiting our wonderful blog!!