Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 2011

Brooklynn and Irelyn are enjoying their carefree days at home with Mom.  Little does Brooklynn know she is about to begin her 23 year journey through formal education....2 years of preschool + 12 years of public school + 4 years of college + 5 years of med school!!  I hope she is truly enjoying her last days of real  freedom.
The last week of June she participated in a gymnastics camp.  The theme of the camp was "Around the World" and she loved it.  I was very impressed with how well she listened and followed directions.  Now I'm curious why she doesn't do that at home.


Directions: stand in your circle.  How many kids do you see following those directions?

Still in a circle.  Good job Brooklynn!
Brooklynn has gotten good at giving orders giving directions to Irelyn.  Each month that passes it seems that they have more fun playing together.  This makes my days a little bit easier but also a little bit louder.



Brooklynn was in charge (not surprising) of getting them both dressed up.

The girls get a weekly reward of chocolate donuts if they behave while we are grocery shopping.  Bribbing my children with yummy foods was definitely one of those things I swore I'd never do "pre-kids".  Oh well, I love to see them smile as they eat those messy donuts.



Irelyn is the Queen of Peek-a-Boo.




"Anyone's life truly lived consists of work, sunshine, exercise, soap, plenty of fresh air, and a happy contented spirit. "






We sure do love our girls.



And we'll leave you with a new little skill that Piglet is working on.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I love to see who is visiting our wonderful blog!!