Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 2013

We've had a busy start to our month of May. Jesse and I made our annual trip to Spokane for the Bloomsday Race on the first Sunday of the month.  This was my 6th time finishing the 12k (7.46 miles) course with my best finishing time so far, 1 hour 5 minutes 38 seconds.  Overall, I was very happy with that.  The following weekend I was able to hobble to the finish of the Riverbank Trifecta, a 10k followed by a 5k and then a 1 mile.  I rolled my ankle at the start of the 5k but with a little encouragement I made it to the finish.  Brooklynn and Jesse also ran the 1 mile and I was so proud of both of them!
This last week the girls and I tagged along with Jesse on his trip to Billings for depositions.  We were able to spend 3 very fun days with Wally and Becky, my former employees through college.  Each day was filled with a soak in the hot tub and playing at a park.







This was shortly after Brooklynn experienced being teased by "mean girls".  She was pretty bummed so Irelyn went over to sit by her and cheer her up.

Today was Brooklynn's final day of preschool.  We are sad to see her done at UCCC Preschool but thankfully our little Piglet will be starting up her two year reign at the school in the fall. Brooklynn had Kindergarten Round-up last week and as I walked in to see her she announced "I passed the kindergarten test". Well that's a relief, they'll probably let her start school in the fall.
First day of preschool - Sept 4, 2012

Last day of preschool - May 21, 2013

 Brooklynn, Paula, and Piper.  A couple of her best buddies from school. (Thanks for the adorable picture Angela).

 Dancing and singing "We Are The Monkeys", the class song :)

 Getting a hug from Ms. Robin on her last day.

Ms. Edie taught Brooklynn last year and will have Irelyn in the fall.  We love UCCC Preschool so much!

 “When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.” 

I realize these moments with my girls are passing quickly and I am savoring each moment.  It seemed like only yesterday I was a nervous, first-time mother wondering if this little thing would ever sleep through the night!  I also realize that life is very busy and before I know it Brooklynn will be excited about getting her drivers license.  This time is precious and I need to remember not to "fret about the future" and instead enjoy today.

Here are a few random pictures from the last month.

Brooklynn Autumn, my beautiful girl inside and out. 

This is our Buga-Boo :) 



Our pretty, new Chevy Traverse.  I love it.


Thanks for checking in on the Beaudette gang!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I love to see who is visiting our wonderful blog!!