Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 10: Person w/ the Biggest Impact

My little Irelyn Marie, all of 18 months old, has definitely had the biggest impact on my life.  As a little recap Irelyn was born very sick, almost didn't make it through her first night and was put on life support her second night after birth.  She spent 10 very long days on the heart-lung bypass machine known as ECMO in order to give her little swollen body a chance to heal.  In total she spent 7 weeks in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Seattle Childrens Hospital.
Through this seven week journey I learned so much about myself, about my blessings, and about Irelyn.  I learned that I am much stronger than I would have ever imagined.  I learned that I can take in huge amounts of medical terminology and knowledge in a short amount of time...when push comes to shove.  And I learned that Jesse and I can support each other and work through anything. 
I learned that things or possessions are not important, at all.  Relationships and the people that fill your life are ultimately whats important. I am very blessed not because of my house, my car, my savings account....I am blessed to be surrounded by an awesome family.

I learned that God listens to all of our prayers.  As word spread that Irelyn was extremely sick and people began checking her updates on a medical website I noticed that I began to feel better and Irelyn began to improve.  I knew then that God was listening to each of those amazing people that were sending out prayers.God is good! 
Last but definitely not least, I learned that Irelyn has determination and strength that can't be beat.  It couldn't be beat by a life threatening diagnosis of Hydrops, a blood born sepsis infection, and these days not by a Mom trying to initiate some rules!  My little Irelyn is amazing.  I love her with all my heart and will always cherish my time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I love to see who is visiting our wonderful blog!!