Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 2011

It has been a long, challenging month and I will be so excited to flip my calendar to April.  March started out warm and tropical as Jesse and I were in Mexico for 7 days.  We came home to a sick Piglet that had definitely missed Mom and Dad.  After we made it through that we skated through an uneventful week.  Then Irelyn came down with the stomach bug for the second time in three weeks.  This last time she ended up in the hospital for two days getting IV fluids for dehydration.  She was absolutely miserable and I was right with her.
We brought her home and enjoyed a quiet weekend before heading back to the hospital for her hearing test under anthestesia.  As soon as we opened the doors on the pediatric floor she started crying because she recognized that area.  Poor kid.  The hearing test showed moderate hearing loss in both ears but it is suspected that it is due to fluid accumulation in her ears.  Hopefully if we can get the fluid cleared up her hearing will return.
Brooklynn has been a little super star throughout all of this.  She has been a big help around the house and always willing to give me a hug when I need one.  I have always believed that Brooklynn was wise beyond her years.  I love my girls with all my heart and would climb Mt. Everest or cross the Sahara Desert to save them.
And now, a very cute video of Irelyn.  We have started speech therapy and we were given the assignment of trying to get Irelyn to interact with us during playtime.  She is one smart little girl :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww poor Piglet! Praying for her to get all better, really fast! I hope April turns out to be an awesome month for you guys. The video is adorable!

    P.S: Cute Easter background!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I love to see who is visiting our wonderful blog!!