Thursday, August 20, 2015

To My Birthday Girl

Dear Irelyn,

Tomorrow we will celebrate six years of your sweet smile, snuggles and determination.  Tomorrow I will remember that six years ago we were told you had a 0% chance of survival if you were not born in Seattle and a 5% chance of survival if you were.  I will remember the intense feeling to pray for the little girl I hadn't yet met but loved with all my heart.
I am often thankful for Brooklynn making me a mother. To you Irelyn, I will always be thankful for the night you were born when I chose to put my faith in a God I did not yet know.  I had never prayed before, not like I did that night.  I prayed with all my might, for you to beat that 5% and be the daughter and little sister we so badly wanted.   I prayed for strength for your little lungs and heart and I prayed for strength for myself and your dad to walk through this tough journey. Over and over I promised God that if he would just give you the strength to survive that I would follow Him and raise my two girls to love and follow Him. Irelyn, I now know and love our amazing God and have chosen to follow his path.  I cherish each Sunday morning when I am sitting in church with my two healthy little girls sitting next to me.  It truly is one of the highlights of my week.  When I started attending church 5 years ago it was because I had made a promise and I was going to keep it!  I now attend church with you and your sister because it is the one place that I am at complete peace.  I love when you remind me to say our prayers at night and when you tell me that you are nervous about something and want me to pray with you.  I love that last week when we lost a dear friend I found you several times praying on your own.
Next week you will head off to kindergarten and start a new chapter in your inspirational story.  I am so excited for you to share your spirit, your smile and your incredibly funny sense of humor with your new teacher and new friends.  Diego and I will be sad to see you go but waiting patiently for you to get off that bus.
 Irelyn, I do believe that there are big plans for you and I am so excited to watch you grow and see what those might be!  Your love, determination and smile are a gift to all those that know you.


Happy 6th birthday sweetheart!

I love you.
























Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post Erin. We have a Bible verse we were given in a frame after Stephen was diagnosed and it was helpful then and proves true today. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. I also love that verse and so does Irelyn.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment. I love to see who is visiting our wonderful blog!!